This feature allows you to integrate Pobuca Connect with your organization’s Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and have single sign on (SSO) authentication. In other words, you can authenticate to Pobuca Connect app using the same credentials you use for logging into your PC with 100% transparency and security. No more hassle remembering different user names and passwords for every app! For SSO, you need Azure AD, and if you don’t have it yet, our professional services team can help you to install it. This is a feature of Pobuca Connect Enterprise and only Azure AD administrators can enable SSO authentication. Once this is done, ALL users should use their AD credentials to log into Pobuca Connect.
Important: Read the whole article (including the note and the limitations below) before applying the integration.
- Sign in at Pobuca Connect’s web app using Pobuca Connect admin account
2. From the left menu, click on Settings and then on Security
3. On the page that will open, read the relative information and proceed by clicking on Sign on with AD
4. On the Microsoft page that will open, login using your Azure Active Directory Admin Account
5. At the next page, you will be asked to authorize Pobuca to access Active Directory resources. Select Accept to complete the integration.
After the integration is completed, all Azure AD users in your organization can use Pobuca Connect by clicking Sign in with Microsoft at the login page of the app. Then, they will use their AD credentials to sign in to Pobuca Connect.
Note: After the integration is completed, the AD user must sign in to Pobuca Connect using his/her AD credentials in order for his/her account (of an AD user) to be created. In other words, the Pobuca Connect user account of an AD user will be created the first time he/she signs in to Pobuca Connect using his/her AD credentials. On the table below, you can see which fields on the Pobuca Connect user account will be filled in with the values of the equivalent fields of the AD user in Azure Active Directory. In order for these values to be set on the Pobuca Connect user, the user should not have been previously created in Pobuca Connect and should connect directly to it using his/her AD credentials.
After the Pobuca Connect user account of an AD user is created, he/she will be featured under Co-Workers.
This integration provides Single Sign On capability as described above and does not provide any kind of synchronization between Pobuca Connect users and Azure Active Directory users. In other words, any changes that will happen in AD user account will not be reflected on the corresponding Pobuca Connect user account and vice versa.
Limitations when Pobuca Connect integrates with your organization's Azure Active Directory:
- Syncing contacts through CardDAV protocol is not supported
- Administering Pobuca Connect users requires that user administration actions take place in Azure Active Directory (and not in Pobuca Connect) in order to be effective. For example, to revoke a Pobuca Connect user, an administrator must proceed to this action in Azure Active Directory
- Inviting co-workers is not supported
- External inviting is not supported